Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 in Review

Just like every other year, 2013 was one of many ups and downs. Lots of challenges, many victories, and many lessons were learned. I wish I would have taken more photos so I had something tangible to look back on, but hopefully this will serve its purpose to look back on some day. My top memories from this year....


1. Graduation- Finally after 7 years of being a student of higher education I graduated with my Masters of Management. This year was particularly tough for me as a student as I wrapped up all my regular classes and started the final part of my program. The last 9 months I have written and turned in close to 500 pages of papers/projects/proposals. It took up so much of my time, tested me in ways I've never experienced before, and made me lean on my family and friends in new ways. The thought of giving up crossed my mind many times, but ultimately I made it, and I can say that it was one of the happiest times in my life thus far!



2. Vacation!!- Kane and I decided last New Years Eve that we wanted to do a big vacation, so in February we booked a trip to the Riviera Maya. It was my first time out of the country and I had so much fun. I constantly find myself amazed at how lucky I am that I get to experience life with my best friend- we have so much fun together :)




3. Kane's Marathon- I could not have been more proud of my husband as he finished his first half marathon. I was so inspired by his dedication to training.
4.  Our 1st Anniversary- A day celebrating one of the best decisions I have ever made. Don't get me wrong I loved my wedding day, however, celebrating the 365 days after it (is it possible to have that many favorite days??) was great. We grew a lot as a couple during our first year of marriage- we had many disagreements, fights, surprises, and wonderful days. I can't wait to see what our future holds! We spent the afternoon celebrating at one of our favorite places- James Arthur Vineyard.
5. 4th of July- This year we spent the 4th at Harlan County Lake (one of my favorite places) with family. Kane and I both participated in the Alma 4th of July race (I did a 5k and Kane a 10k). It was so much fun! This is something we hope to make an annual tradition. 

I loved what 2013 gave us- many memories with friends, family, and life lessons. I can't help but look back on the past year and smile, and see how far we've come since last January. I can't wait for 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment